Best of January 2011

Discuss interesting gloves listed on eBay or other auction houses.

Re: Best of January 2011

Postby okdoak » January 30th, 2011, 6:42 pm

Fine looking Reach crescent pad was a $1350 BIN.

okdoak
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby mikesglove » January 31st, 2011, 1:36 pm

Nice J.C. Higgins "Bob Feller' model 1621 with triple tunnel web for $87 on ebay. Can almost follow the evolution of Higgins gloves in the different Bob Feller models. I've owned two and still have a solid web laced finger model in my collection.
CDnYdwEWkKGrHqFmEEzyVmJ93BNPKUC23vw_3.JPG
CDnYnPBmkKGrHqZhE0fCuDeBNPKUZzPHQ_3.JPG
mikesglove

Postby mikesglove » January 31st, 2011, 2:11 pm

Nice Wilson "Top Notch" Model 607M two finger glove. Top of the line in the late 1940's. Sold for $132 on ebay. Seems like a reasonable price. A lot of collectors like the larger version, the 607L so maybe that kept the price down a little. Interesting color scheme on the cloth patch. I have seen the black and red patch but not this one very much. Reinforced triple tunnel web. There were different Wilson two finger models of varying quality. The first thing i grab is Joe Phillips "Vintage Baseball Glove Catalog Source Book" to see how this model stacks up.
CDnpHGgEGkKGrHqFh0E0Ew3oKKIBNPLCF16_12.JPG
CDnpJ0gB2kKGrHqJiYE0FpC1yRBNPLCObO_12.JPG
mikesglove

Postby okdoak » January 31st, 2011, 8:56 pm

mikesglove wrote:Can almost follow the evolution of Higgins gloves in the different Bob Feller models.

I've always wondered why the Higgins Bob Fellers are so plentiful, yet the Wilson ones seem really scarce. I'm still waiting for a Wilson 900 Feller Personal Model to surface. Has anyone ever seen one?!

Hey, I get to post one more thanks to BIN. A beauty white D&M sewn web for $475.

Guess that will do it for me for this month, which turned out to be a pretty good one for gloves. Something of interest for most of us, I think. I see that Mike has some nice ones coming up for February already.
And being from Wisconsin, I have to give a shout out...GO PACKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
okdoak

Previous

Return to Vintage Glove of the Month