Best of April 2010

Discuss interesting gloves listed on eBay or other auction houses.

Re: Best of April 2010

Postby Mr. Mitt » April 30th, 2010, 1:19 am

We'll end the month with some endorsed gloves. Seems to me that April brought some decent demand back to pre-war Hofers. Let's hope it continues! A Spalding Ruth catcher's mitt sold for $636 on 11 bids, a Spalding Ruth fielder's glove ended with a best offer of $1200, and a Goldsmith Walter Johnson with a spider-web (which I believe to be a youth model) was taken for a $500 buy it now.
Attachments
Picture 2.jpg
Picture 1.jpg
Picture 1.jpg (43.07 KiB) Viewed 2740 times
Picture 3.jpg
Picture 3.jpg (33.84 KiB) Viewed 2740 times
Mr. Mitt
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby Mr. Mitt » April 30th, 2010, 1:41 am

Though the major auction houses' spring offerings were void of gloves, April 2010 was an extremely fruitful month for many, many glove collectors. eBay brought some rare pieces, as well as some stunners, to the market, but there was more. Private sales, both big and small, and trades abound over the past 30 days. Want lists were filled by a slew of collectors and some things that people didn't even know they wanted, nor fathomed existed, found loving homes. There are at least a dozen collectors out there who I've heard from who've added some magnificent keepers to their collections. I'm not going out on a limb by saying several collections are more complete now than they were on April Fool's Day! And that's how it should be... spring is in the air, opening day has come and gone with the promise of a winning season for your team and glove collectors working together, helping each other fill voids on want lists. I've had an absolute blast covering "Vintage Glove of the Month", it truly was a pleasure. Hope you enjoyed it too...
Mr. Mitt
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby crackofthebat » April 30th, 2010, 5:35 am

A great job for the month! Really enjoyed all your hard work!
crackofthebat
Veteran Glove Poster

Previous

Return to Vintage Glove of the Month