Best of October 2009

Discuss interesting gloves listed on eBay or other auction houses.

Best of October 2009

Postby Rickybulldog » November 1st, 2009, 12:35 am

Here’s a rundown of the best of October. These were my picks, so if there are more feel free to add. Also, I am going to take a break for a month or two on this portion of the site, so if anyone wants to provide the best of November and December go right ahead. Here we go.

A beautiful Wilson Rogers Hornsby 972N in the box. Awesome look! I thought this did well for $610.
ImageImage

Up next, a white Reach basemitt . This one had a lot of potential and a great look. I owned a similar model. $127.50

ImageImage

BING! Selling for $227.50 was this nice black Wilson full web. This one looked tall and high quality.

ImageImage

Here’s something that doesn’t come up quite as often. A nice Walter Johnson one inch web. This one went for $383.89.

ImageImage

OKDOAK! Here’s a very nice Grover Alexander endorsed fielder’s glove. This one sold for $249.27

ImageImage

And finally for gloves, a beautiful Reach Joe Dimaggio that went for $243.50. ALL I CAN SAY ON THIS ONE IS GO YANKEES!!

ImageImage

As for the non glove stuff, a first edition of the book entitled The Big Game sold for $373.88. Nice graphics. There’s no telling how many of these I passed up at a flea market!

The next item is something I’ve always chuckled at. It’s a Blatz beer display featuring beer bottles dressed in baseball attire. This one sold for $179.50. These normally have flags in the back. Neat looking piece!

All in all a great month for baseball.

Well, I’m off to hibernate for a while. Alex says “Happy Halloween Everybody.” Cheers!
Rickybulldog
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby okdoak » November 2nd, 2009, 9:35 pm

I feel like I have finally arrived. The glove I bought was featured on VGOTW! To quote Yogi; "Thank you to everyone who made this day necessary!" :wink:
okdoak
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby doubleplay64 » November 3rd, 2009, 5:59 pm

Congrats OK........... I feel honored also...two gloves here this month were from me. lol
I'd walk through hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball."
doubleplay64
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby mjkm90 » November 8th, 2009, 4:22 pm

The Dimaggio was mine :lol: Did a bit of experimenting with Henry Yee's auction service. The economy killed me, but I did ok.
Mike H.
mjkm90
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Glove of the Month