Best of July 2009

Discuss interesting gloves listed on eBay or other auction houses.

Best of July 2009

Postby Rickybulldog » August 9th, 2009, 4:04 pm

No need to get the milk cartons out. I'm just lurking. :D Thought I'd chime in and get it going for July. I thought a lot of things did well last month considering a number of things especially the National. Here were some of my favorites. If there were others please list. Keep in mind I'm more of a sewn web man.

Very Rare duck web glove. Some issues, but this one had the webs. Darn it! $1,650.00 with a BIN. I'm sure we had our JDick tracy on the brand. The verdict?

Black Davega one inch web. Great looking glove. Nice brown liner, white piping, great patch. What's not to love? $224.50 on this gem.

Great looking Jim Tabor with the original Globe box. This one went for $258.78. Wow! Vintagebaseball had some great stuff!

Very interesting Maruzen (Japanese) king patent. This interesting glove went for $355.00. This one feels great on the hand. Trust me I know. :D
The seller was nice enough to send it along with TGC it was in.

Here kitty kitty. Rawlings Harvey Haddix. HH model. Wow! Great looking glove. This one went for $328.89. This one started as a kitten but ended up like a tiger!

And lastly, a nice looking D&M basemitt. This interesting one looked top quality and had the long d&m patch. $189.50 for this one. Basemitt collector or a possible endorsement gambler? Luckydog nontheless!

Rickybulldog
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » August 9th, 2009, 7:49 pm

Thanks for doing this Ricky - I don't have the time to keep up with doing this every month anymore. If you, or anyone else, wants to take over, that would be super.

I deleted the pictures but there was a nice Reach LH crescent that did well last month.

Sad to report there weren't any gloves from the National that would make the list.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby Rickybulldog » August 9th, 2009, 8:19 pm

No problem Brett. Trust me, out of everyone I understand the time thing. :wink: I don't mind updating it every month. I just have a sewn web bias though. :)
Rickybulldog
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Glove of the Month