Best of June 2009

Discuss interesting gloves listed on eBay or other auction houses.

Best of June 2009

Postby vintagebrett » June 30th, 2009, 3:00 pm

I thought it was a pretty boring month - what did you guys think? There were some crazy prices on some stuff that had no business going for the dollars they did - I won't post those so not to offend any buyers or sellers here. :) Here are my picks - feel free to add your own.

Ken Wel Buddy Myers split finger glove - item ended. This was a disappoint to me because I know 2 collectors of Jewish player gloves and this is one they were both missing. Auction ended after only 1 day or so. I was looking forward to seeing the price on this one - I was guesstimating around $500 or so being a very rare name and nice glove to boot.

No manufacturer buckle back full web glove - $628.99. This looked to be a nice looking example in good condition. I'm guessing a forum member who was looking for this type was the winning bidder - if he'd like to elaborate he's welcome.

W/D sewn web split finger glove - $203.50. Nice looking example of a early Wright Ditson glove - looks to have the asbestos lining but pictures make it difficult to confirm. Nice buy.

Image Image

Gehrig model Mizuno 1B mitt $449. We already had a discussion about this one but the unique nature of it makes it a cinch to be included here.

Image Image

Banner model Gehrig 1B mitt - $2806. Great looking glove - I'm sure the pictures don't do it justice.

ImageImage

Winchester black leather 1B mitt - $422. Still amazed at the prices Winchester stuff brings - they are not rare in any sense. Guess it's that cross hobby collectible thing.

ImageImage

Spalding Babe Ruth glove box - $798. Was expecting this to go a little higher than it did.

vintagebrett
Site Admin

Return to Vintage Glove of the Month