Glove of the week: Feb 3 - Feb 9

Discuss interesting gloves listed on eBay or other auction houses.

Glove of the week: Feb 3 - Feb 9

Postby burker72 » February 12th, 2007, 8:17 am

A buckleweb crescent padded buckleback D&M Fielder's glove was a real highlight this week. The glove went for $433, and it brings up some interesting questions. In the palm of the glove is a sewn-in patch. The patch, based on the coloring seems to have been done long ago and is not part of a restoration. The lining is a restoration, and it looks very good. The seller did not mention that the piping had been restored, but it may have been. Do you think the glove brings more of a premium with the work done to it, or would you have left it as is? I like the asthetics of the lining, it makes the glove nice to put on, so I'm all for it, but that is just my opinion...

Are there any more honorable mentions for the week?
burker72
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby THELUCKYDOGKIND » February 12th, 2007, 10:32 am

I would have bid on this one were it not for all the work that was done to it. I am all for having gloves restored but the lining and the piping just look too new on this one which makes it look out of place. I think who ever did the work could have made the piping look a bit closer to the time frame of the glove and then it would work. On this glove I think all the work detracted from the price.
THELUCKYDOGKIND
Rookie Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Glove of the Month