Glove of the week: Jan 28 - Feb 2

Discuss interesting gloves listed on eBay or other auction houses.

Glove of the week: Jan 28 - Feb 2

Postby burker72 » February 4th, 2007, 1:44 am

I'd have to say my favorite glove of the week is a turn of the century Reach first baseman's model glove. This glove landed more than $430. I'm not sure if this would be a pita pocket glove or not, regardless, a great glove.

A stunningly mint glove was the Spalding red, white, and blue Don Kessinger Spalding 42-3225 Professional Model. The glove web resembles the Rawlings Bellows Web of the same era. The glove sold for $126, and unlike many gloves with the red, white, and blue coloring, the blue remained vibrant, not fading to an aqua-green color.
burker72
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » February 5th, 2007, 11:10 am

I think this Hutch glove also deserves a mention:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MIB-VINTAGE-HUTCH-BASEBALL-GLOVE-CHUCK-ESSEGIAN-MODEL_W0QQitemZ120079836610QQihZ002QQcategoryZ27945QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Although this is a gorgeous glove I was very surprised at the final price.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby burker72 » February 5th, 2007, 9:52 pm

I have to agree on the Hutch Big 6 model, what a beautiful glove. As far as the price, that is tough to say. Although there is no player featured on the box, it is matching and in terrific shape. Personally, I've never really sought any boxes to go with the glove but there is certainly a market.

I can attest to the quality of the glove. I have an Early Wynn Big 6 model that is nearly identical. It is positively one of my favorites. The leather is beautiful, great lacing, and the Hutch patch really stands out against the light colored leather.

burker72
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Glove of the Month