Best of March 2009

Discuss interesting gloves listed on eBay or other auction houses.

Best of March 2009

Postby vintagebrett » March 31st, 2009, 8:37 pm

Here are this month's offerings I found most interesting - feel free to add more:

MacGregor Goldsmith 2 finger Snare model - hadn't seen one of these for a while - this one brought $128.50 - looks like a nice deal.

ImageImage

OK MFG Ernie Lombardi catchers mitt - I saw this at the National last summer and debated buying it but the price scared me off. It was back on eBay a couple months ago and didn't hit reserve. This time it sold for $68.02 but I missed out! Doh! Forgot to bid because I was putting Beckett to sleep. Oh well. Nice pick up whoever got it.

ImageImage

Spalding model DE 1B mitt - This was a great looking mitt - great color and looks to be in excellent shape. Looks like a bargain at $157.50.

ImageImage

Vintage full web asbestos lining glove - No stampings but looks to be a super display piece. Congrats to the $410.57 winning bidder.

ImageImage

Hutch Cy Young Split finger - pretty common glove but in good shape. Brought in $306.11 which is just about right I think.

ImageImage

Horace Partridge Honus Wagner glove - Great looking glove that sold for $1225. I thought this might exceed $1500 but I was wrong. My dad and I were the show where the seller originally bought the glove. He paid (10 years ago) about what he sold it for.

ImageImage

W & D split finger crescent pad glove - WOW! When this came up I thought it was going to hit at least $2000 to $2500 but ended at $1642.79. This is a fabulous looking glove and I bet whoever picked it up is thrilled to be the owner.

ImageImage
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Return to Vintage Glove of the Month