Best of February 2009

Discuss interesting gloves listed on eBay or other auction houses.

Best of February 2009

Postby vintagebrett » February 28th, 2009, 8:33 pm

Month is over so here are the gloves I had marked that I thought were interesting - feel free to add more!

Goldsmith model LF Adolfo Luque - this gorgeous looking glove sold for $322.07 - imagine what it would have done if it was for the opposite hand!

Image Image

Spalding Babe Ruth Home Run Special - this one is different than all the other Ruth gloves I've seen - the button strap was interesting. This sold for $750 and I'm sure either Rob or JD got it since they like those Ruth variations.

ImageImage

Japanese split finger glove - This was a neat offering from the Far East - cool tag and ornate button. It only went for $55.01 - I think this was a bargain.

ImageImage

OK MFG double short finger Joe DiMaggio - this is one I've been after but unfortunately I got outbid by a couple bucks. Hope it went to a good home for the $171.20 it brought in.

ImageImage

William Read & Sons crescent pad catchers mitt - here was our guessing game for the month. This one ended at $1275.57. Great looking glove!

ImageImage

Ambidexterous glove - Now, this didn't sell (bidding started at 5 G's) but I thought it was neat enough to include here- you don't see them everday.

ImageImage
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby vintagebrett » March 21st, 2009, 9:03 am

Due to a very generous forum member I was able to add the OK double short finger DiMaggio to my collection. Here it is in all it's cleaned up glory:

vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby Centerfield » March 21st, 2009, 1:03 pm

Stubby cleaned up nicely! :o
Centerfield
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby MGHProductions » March 21st, 2009, 9:17 pm

Great pick up!!!
Matt
MGHProductions
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby GloveCrazy » March 23rd, 2009, 2:59 pm

Yep, I won the Ruth but it turned out to have big issues (ebruiser). The lining and piping needed to be replaced and worse it had holes in the back of the fingers and a faint name on back. I don't return very often but ended up going that route. Seller seemed happy to have it back (it did have a nice endorsment). Note, I do have a nicer version of this glove pictured on Jim's website ... it' my personal favorite Ruth. Rob
GloveCrazy
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

William Read crescent c-mitt

Postby Ralphy25 » July 19th, 2009, 7:34 pm

The only other time I've seen a wrist protector/stabilizer is in a modern fielder's glove. Do you know of any other models?
Ralphy25
Rookie Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Glove of the Month