The Spalding AAH

Discuss interesting gloves listed on eBay or other auction houses.

The Spalding AAH

Postby Mike**Mize » January 24th, 2007, 11:43 am

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but just seeing (looking at pictures of) that very old very nice Spalding AAH Legion full-web for a week was a treat. I never would have guessed there was an early glove with quite so much interior palm stitching. That must have been a way to secure the lining. Anyway, $2000+, what can one say? I'd love to have that glove in my collection. I wonder if anyone else noticed this. I had it on my watch list and even threw a bid at it while it was still under a thousand. As a result I was able to see the winner, instead of Bidder number 12 or what ever. I'm just wondering if this was an eBay error, or intended.
Kind of a revelation, seeing that glove. Top-of-the-line, lots of extra stitching, great form, unusual color and now of course....gone.
Mike**Mize
Gold Glove Poster

Postby BretMan » January 24th, 2007, 11:55 am

Had that one on my watch list, too, and was surprised at how high it went. If it weren't for useless things like mortgages, car payments and kids in college I might have taken a stab at that one!

Re: the new eBay thing...I believe that even when the auction goes over $200, and the bidder's names are hidden, when the auction ends the winning bidder's name is still revealed. At least that's how it seems to be working for me.

By the way, I'm thinking about changing my eBay username to "Bidder 5"!
BretMan
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » January 24th, 2007, 1:08 pm

I watched that one as well - it was definitely an interesting glove but that is a lot of money!
vintagebrett
Site Admin

AAH

Postby Mike**Mize » January 24th, 2007, 2:05 pm

You've got the right idea, Bret Man. How about Bidder 1.550.315!

Got to hand it to Spaldinger, just the same. He remains steadfast.
I (by the way) just got in the most stunning Spalding 165 Pro Model Yesterday. Really unused and exactly the same as the TOP Wilson gloves (602, 4, etc. from the WWII years.) What an amazing study in simplicity. Triple tunnel great leather and big, too. I was thinking recently that we're all a bunch of curators. Love those gloves.

Mike
Mike**Mize
Gold Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Glove of the Month