Best of December

Discuss interesting gloves listed on eBay or other auction houses.

Best of December

Postby vintagebrett » December 12th, 2008, 10:34 am

It seems there are quite a few interesting gloves popping up this month. I figured I'd make a post now and then at the end of the month to make sure I don't miss anything - I probably have so feel free to tack it on.

Wilson zipper heel buckle back glove - this one was fine looking glove and it exceeded my guestimate but a lot. This one ended at 910.01. Don't see these too often, especially in this condition.

ImageImage

Black leather crescent padded fielders glove - another sharp looking glove with plenty of eye appeal. This one brought $970.

ImageImage

Spalding left-handed black tag full web. Tougher tag to find - this one brought in $238.50.

ImageImage

Black leather Tryon 1" web glove = great looking piece that ended at $325.

ImageImage

Reach fielders mitt = interesting early glove that brough in $380 - I thought this one would go a little higher. Wonder who got this one, JD? :)

ImageImage

And because I feel really lucky to have won this piece, the bargain of the month so far is the Harry Walker 3-finger OK mitt that is being added to my collection for $14. Thanks for not bidding! :) I can't wait for it to arrive.

ImageImage
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby rosajr » December 12th, 2008, 11:01 am

Brett,

Good job with the Harry Walker

Jim
rosajr
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » December 12th, 2008, 1:14 pm

I'm excited for it to come because I think it has the two short fingers at the end like a Doerr 3 finger in my collection. I'll definitely post pictures when it arrives.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby Studboy » December 12th, 2008, 2:59 pm

Sorry Brett, I probably cost you a buck fifty as I was the under bidder. Good buy!
Studboy
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » December 13th, 2008, 6:14 pm

Glove arrived and I was right about the fingers - super cool. Can make out the OK MFG stamping as well but can't see the model number. Definitely my buy of the year on eBay.

vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby vintagebrett » December 29th, 2008, 8:05 am

Updating for the end of the month:

Tryon three finger Lutzke style Carl Mays glove - this looked to be a pretty good deal at $620 - leather looks nice.

ImageImage

Wright & Ditson LH crescent pad fielders glove - Wow, this one really took off! it ended at $2550.17 - surprised me since it's for a left handed thrower.

ImageImage

J.C. Higgins model 1692 Lou Gehrig 1B mitt. Not the greatest quality mitt but it looked to be in good shape and brought in $1006.

ImageImage

Wilson three finger Rogers Horsnby split finger - haven't seen one of these for a little while and this one topped out at $661.51.

ImageImage
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Return to Vintage Glove of the Month