Best of September

Discuss interesting gloves listed on eBay or other auction houses.

Best of September

Postby vintagebrett » September 18th, 2008, 12:37 pm

I guess burker72 is taking a little break from the the Glove of the Week so I'll try to keep it going - it's going to be more a running through the month if that is okay with everyone.

So far in September we've seen a couple of nice gloves pop up and sell for some big prices. First up we have a gorgeous Thomas E. Wilson laced web glove that looks to be in great shape - I bet the winner of this one will be even happier when it arrives and is cleaned up. It sold for $440.

ImageImage

A nice Goldsmith Dixie Walker with the box sold for $450 - both box and glove look to be in great shape.

A left-handed D&M Lutzke three finger brought in $511.

ImageImage

This buckle back full web, although not in the greatest of shape, still managed to bring $191.50 to the seller. My dad and I were arguing whether the buckle was added at some point - I say it was always there, he disagrees.

ImageImage

This early Spalding 1B mitt brought $1225(!) but I'm guessing it had to do more with the ball rather than the glove. If a forum member picked them up and don't want the glove, crackofthebat would be interested.

And last, but certainly not the least for the month so far, was this absolute steal - a buy it now for $150 - Stall and Dean Stuffy McInnis 1B mitt. Glad a forum member was able to pick it up.

ImageImage
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby Centerfield » September 18th, 2008, 6:17 pm

My guess on that buckleback full-web is that it's a Stall & Dean. The squared shape to the finger-tips in conjunction with the arrowed, devil tailed strap suggest so. I've never seen that straap on any other manufacturer other than S&D. It's lacking a patch, though, from what I see, so perhaps it was assembled. Just not sure enough.
Centerfield
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » September 29th, 2008, 2:43 pm

A couple more for the September cause:

Abercrombie and Fitch split finger glove - nice tag on this glove, don't see too many of them around. This one sold for $255

ImageImage

D&M model G43 full web white(?) split finger - glove appears to be in very good condition despite the photographs. This one went for $365

ImageImage

Stall and Dean Marty Callaghan - this one only sold for $56 - I though that the neat design on the back and the overall good condition would lend itself to a higher ending price - good pickup for the buyer I think.

ImageImage
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby GloveCrazy » December 2nd, 2008, 5:18 pm

I, too, believe that the the full web with the arrow-shaped buckle stap is a Stall & Dean. I recently featured one on my website: www.glovecrazy.com/featured.htm Check out the front cloth label as well. I hate to keep pointing back to my website but I haven't figured out how to post pictures yet ... dang rookie poster!
GloveCrazy
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Glove of the Month