Glove of the week: Nov 25 - Dec 1

Discuss interesting gloves listed on eBay or other auction houses.

Glove of the week: Nov 25 - Dec 1

Postby burker72 » December 2nd, 2006, 1:12 am

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone on the board...

So I'll start by saying there was a bountiful glove harvest on eBay this week. I'll leave the Bouton PM out of the discussion since it was covered in a previous thread. There were plenty of gloves that stood out this week...

Ken Wel Bucky Harris 559 Model: 16 bids / $262. Beautiful condition glove with classic Ken Wel styling and bold patch.

Spalding Joe DiMaggio 107 Model: 13 bids / $385. Great signature stamping stands out on this glove. Seller says the 107 model is super rare, but I cannot attest to that either way.

Rawlings Ken Boyer TG15 Trap-eze Model: 22 bids / $382. Not a rare glove but would probably be considered essential for any modern era collection.

Crescent padded Fielder's Glove: 15 bids / $787. The back side of the glove shows what looks to be an immaculate lining, very solid piping, and a patch that looks to be in tact (Reach?, the seller never said). All of which I would say are signs of a high quality glove from the early 1900s.

If I had to choose one, I'd take the Ken Wel model. Just a personal preference for Ken Wel brand gloves, although I'm sure others are rarer or more relevant from a historical perspective.

burker72
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Glove of the Month