Best of August

Discuss interesting gloves listed on eBay or other auction houses.

Best of August

Postby vintagebrett » September 6th, 2008, 7:41 am

There were a couple of really interesting items that sold during August and I wanted to make sure we had them listed here for reference.

First up, this gorgeous, mint Spalding glove that sold for $1401. This was not a shocker considering the condition and the appeal to a wide variety of collectors. You don't see any gloves of this vintage in the condition this one is in.
ImageImage

A Reach Rube Walberg three finger glove sold for $835. Again, the three finger Lutzke style are very popular and the condition on this one is great. Also, I don't believe there are many Walberg gloves among the population so that could have been an attraction as well.

ImageImage

Another interesting glove was this webless buckle back glove. Although the buckle was not intact, the lure of this glove was still great and it brought $828. Again, not a style seen very often.

ImageImage

And finally, a nice early Spalding full web with a slight crescent. This appears to be a midline glove but it had a great tag and the leather looks nice. This one brought in a healthy $424.

ImageImage

Overall, a pretty nice collection of gloves for a usually slow month of August.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby fuzzydogg22 » September 6th, 2008, 1:03 pm

thanks for the post brett. i was going for that Spalding XS until about the last few hours when it jumped from $400 to ending price haha. great glove
"You should always go to other people's funerals; otherwise, they won't come to yours." -Yogi Berra
fuzzydogg22
Gold Glove Poster

Postby quaz95 » September 6th, 2008, 9:51 pm

yeah i was watching that spalding glove too, and my mouth it the ground when i saw the final price, when with like 20 mins it was 400 dollars, bret im glad you posted this because i was going to post because of its incredible condition.
thanks
John
"To live is Christ to die is Gain."
quaz95
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » September 6th, 2008, 10:13 pm

I actually thought it might go a little higher than what it ended up at. My dad and I were guessing before it ended - I said 1200 to 1600, he said 2000, so we weren't too far off.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby vintagebrett » September 8th, 2008, 2:19 pm

I missed another beauty picked by one of our members - this beautiful Rawlings Bill Doak with box.

And I think we'll have our first September entry in just a few short hours (the Thomas E. Wilson glove for those not watching).
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby fuzzydogg22 » September 8th, 2008, 5:58 pm

not to be rude, but what did that doak go for and was it a BIN or auction? if it was an auction i cant believe i missed that one... :oops:
"You should always go to other people's funerals; otherwise, they won't come to yours." -Yogi Berra
fuzzydogg22
Gold Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » September 8th, 2008, 6:06 pm

I think it was a BIN for $500
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby fuzzydogg22 » September 8th, 2008, 6:06 pm

cool, thanks brett
fuzzydogg22
Gold Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Glove of the Month