Glove of the Week: July 29 – Aug 3 (white glove - no name)

Discuss interesting gloves listed on eBay or other auction houses.

Glove of the Week: July 29 – Aug 3 (white glove - no name)

Postby burker72 » August 9th, 2008, 6:43 am

So, as of late I’ve been wondering, where have all the great gloves gone, and this week is definitely a case in point. In fact, it may have been the leanest week since this thread was started. There were a few real high end starting points out there that did not sell, so they don’t make the list.

A full web white leather glove with no manufacturer markings sold for $125 on 15 bids. Not sure, but I think that the buyer has gotten a great deal here and will be very happy upon receipt of this one.

We’ve seen one other white Nokona Billy Loes model (http://www.vintagebaseballgloveforum.co ... ite+nokona) in recent memory, and, while I’m not sure this one is quite as clean, it certainly is worth taking a chance. The leather looks to be in good enough shape, just not as quite bright as its predecessor. The glove sold for just $55 on 6 bids, making it the glove of the week.

burker72
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby Deacon » August 9th, 2008, 8:21 am

Deacon
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » August 9th, 2008, 9:47 am

I was actually surprised those didn't go higher than 12 grand - a similar set sold for over 20 grand in the 2006 Robert Edwards auction.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Return to Vintage Glove of the Month