Glove of the Week: June 2 – June 9 (D&M Critz)

Discuss interesting gloves listed on eBay or other auction houses.

Glove of the Week: June 2 – June 9 (D&M Critz)

Postby burker72 » June 11th, 2008, 6:53 am

Here is one I don’t get, a Goldsmith Si Johnson RF57 model. The glove is in good condition, it might even be a kid's model, but it sold for an astounding $510 on 8 bids. I suspect someone knows something I don’t, most likely an extremely rare endorser. Could any of the forum members clue me in on this one?

Here are a couple of gloves that I’m sure we are all more familiar with…

First is a Mantle XPG-6. I think the seller description is worth quoting here: ”Vintage Rawlings XPG-6 Mickey Mantle Personal Model Heart of the Hide Baseball Glove. Right handers glove. Marked for the Professional Player. Still soft…(sounds good so far, right?) “…has some minor mouse chewing.” Blasted varmints! Despite a mouse making Mantle his lunch this glove still looks good and earned $405.

Maybe one of my five favorite gloves of all time, we have a beautiful D&M Hugh Critz G97X model. This lefty model is just awesome, especially the backside – stunning patch, great buckle, beautiful leather. A bargain, as far as I’m concerned, at $311 on 15 bids.

For the bargain of the week, how about this MacGregor GCP Pro Model? Earlier this year or we saw a much rarer KC3 model go for $910. I’d say this is a nice, much cheaper, alternative. There’s probably no real comparison, but forgetting about the KC3, this is a well built, late model MacGregor that looks to be in very good shape. My favorite attribute is the perimeter lacing, akin to Nokona built gloves that would follow. For $62 I’d call it a bargain.

burker72
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » June 11th, 2008, 7:53 pm

That Critz is a pretty glove. I wonder if the X in the model # signifies it was made for a professional. Either way, very nice.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby THELUCKYDOGKIND » June 23rd, 2008, 3:48 pm

Hi after receiving the glove it really turned out awesome. Another nice D&M addition. The X in the model number is just part of the model number D&M used, Here are pictures of another G97X Critz I own.
[img][img]http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm220/DRAPERMAYNARD/DMCRITZ2.jpg[/img]
[img][img]http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm220/DRAPERMAYNARD/DMCRITZ1.jpg[/img][/img]
THELUCKYDOGKIND
Rookie Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Glove of the Month