Glove of the Week: May 26 – June 1 (White Goldsmith 57)

Discuss interesting gloves listed on eBay or other auction houses.

Glove of the Week: May 26 – June 1 (White Goldsmith 57)

Postby burker72 » June 11th, 2008, 6:50 am

Ugh…Pics of a beautiful white Goldsmith “57” model were no longer available; otherwise this would have been easy. They Goldsmith sold for $685 on 21 bids. If a forum member won the glove, maybe you could post pics here, it would be worth it for “archival” purposes.

Not having pictures of the “57” model is a bit problematic because there is little else to choose from - sorry folks. A Lazzeri model from Marathon did bring in $129 on 9 bids. I thought this was a real bargain, but I guess Marathon gloves just aren’t very popular. I had a similar Joe Gordon model, which seems very common, that wasn’t of particularly high quality. Lazzeri is a rare endorser, the leather looks to be in great shape, but it does have a seam issue which can be rather detracting, . I think this design – with the strap through the fingers, and the wrist strap configuration is very eye-catching, but I don’t think many would agree with me.

For the bargain of the week let’s try on this Wilson A2010 Al Kaline model. The glove looks to be in great shape, is well made, and features the classic circle – W patch. Just $68 on 6 bids.

burker72
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Glove of the Month