Glove of the Week: May 5 – May 11 (Mantle TGF7)

Discuss interesting gloves listed on eBay or other auction houses.

Glove of the Week: May 5 – May 11 (Mantle TGF7)

Postby burker72 » May 18th, 2008, 3:57 pm

An interesting assortment of gloves this past week. I passed on the Doak 3, I think the glove that sold a few weeks ago has sold two more time since. I think the pirice keeps coming down though...

First up is an interesting glove, the Rawlings TGF7 Mantle. This glove was the topic of some considerable conversation earlier in the year (http://www.vintagebaseballgloveforum.co ... light=tgf7). Needless to say, this is a pristine example, showing little or no use at all. The result – a $900 sale by way the Buy it Now Option.

Always the source of some attention, a Grover C Alexander glove popped up this past week. Not as popular as the Stall and Dean model, but still highly desirable is the JC Higgins 1676 model This looks to be a very full size, good condition Alexander. I’d say a reasonably priced bargain at $226 on 12 bids.

Maybe the glove of the week is this Billy Williams HOH XFG7 model. I’m not sure this glove was even used to play a game of catch with. A reasonable $342 on 18 bids.

A very nice Basemitt featuring the Decker Patent feature is up next. The glove is from Alex Taylor, which to me is an underrated manufacturer. The glove is in good shape with a solid buckle and very nice patch. A good example of a unique design, the glove sold for $225 on 12 bids.

A solid Eddie Mathews HOH model was sold for just $163 on 12 bids. The glove looks to need a light surface cleaning, but seems to be solidly in tact. A classic design, this glove is a bargain at this price.

From ARCO sporting goods is a rare Jo Jo White buckle back fielders glove - “65” model. I’m not sure I’ve seen an ARCO glove before, but sometimes the no-name brands can be of great quality and style. This glove looks to be super soft with quality piping and a very cool design – triple tunnel web, short fingers. A nice buy at $187.

An easy choice for bargain of the week is this $63 Wilson A2074 Early Wynn model. The patch on this glove is stunning and it just looks to be buttery soft. I can’t imagine a nicer glove or the price.

burker72
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Glove of the Month