Glove of the Week: Mar 3 – Mar 9 (D&M Ruth G41)

Discuss interesting gloves listed on eBay or other auction houses.

Glove of the Week: Mar 3 – Mar 9 (D&M Ruth G41)

Postby burker72 » March 15th, 2008, 12:31 am

Not anywhere close to a banner week on eBay, aside from one very special glove…

Low and behold we have another D&M Ruth G41 model. Back in November we saw another one on eBay go for a similar price. If you’d like to compare the most current sale with the old one, go to a previous Glove of the Week thread at

http://www.vintagebaseballgloveforum.co ... hlight=g41

This one is a bit unique with the multiple patches. The second patch is a “Schultz Novelty and Sporting Goods” patch. The glove is in very nice condition with the stark white leather – tan piping contrast. The Ruth signature has held up surprisingly well. Overall there is a bit of staining on the glove, probably typical of your white gloves, but in all it is in very good condition. The G41 was produced by D&M from ’23-’27. Presumably, Ruth and his record setting 60 home runs in 1927 took on a much more lucrative endorsement elsewhere, Spalding and Reach I believe. This one went for $2850 on 14 bids.

From the penthouse right to the bargain of the week…This week I like a Don Mossi 900 model form Nokona. No info available on the 900 model in the source catalog but I like the look of the leather and the design of this glove. It looks like it could have been an answer to the A2000. OF course, you can’t beat the rich, soft Nokona leather…and you certainly can’t beat the price…$51 on 16 bids.

burker72
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » March 16th, 2008, 11:27 am

That Ruth glove was nice - I thought it was going to a little higher than the last one because of the Schulz tag. Glad one of our board members was the winner.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Return to Vintage Glove of the Month