Glove of the Week: Feb 11 – Feb 17 (Rawlings Pro 3X-HC)

Discuss interesting gloves listed on eBay or other auction houses.

Glove of the Week: Feb 11 – Feb 17 (Rawlings Pro 3X-HC)

Postby burker72 » February 19th, 2008, 7:55 am

Another great week, with some modern high points...

WOW! 21 bids and $1004 was the final outcome of the Rawlings Heart of the Hide PRO 3X-HC auction. According to the seller the Horween leather glove was used so little it was still as stiff as a board. The only flaw was a very faint name on the inside palm heal. According to the seller the HEL01 date code translates to Feb 1996. My favorite aspects of the glove are the H-web and the wingtip back, what a beautiful glove.

It looks like we may have a new all-time Sonnet, a near mint to mint Lightning model. Another good ebay story, the glove was found in an old foot locker in an attic – and I only find old newspapers. This glove sold for $455 on 18 bids. Still a bargain though, imagine a comparable A2000 from the same period, I’m sure we’d be talking about $1000+.

I know it is a lefty, but here is as nice a Herb Score HSP as I have seen. This one earned $300 through a Buy It Now sale. I suspect it was not available for long.

Yet another GREAT Rawlings glove, a very nice TG24 Bob Turley Trap-eze model from 1960. This gem earned $227 on 14 bids. I have four of these gloves and they are terrific, unfortunately, nothing the caliber of this beauty.

A good looking white crescent pad glove went for $610 on 9 bids. The glove has a unique green piping, sewn in web, and of course the early 1900s crescent padding. This glove sold in November 2006 for $520. So for those wondering about the market, here is an 18% increase over 16 months, it sure beats the stock market of late…but I’d still leave my 401k in place if I were you. Here is the link to the original Glove of the Week entry -

http://www.vintagebaseballgloveforum.co ... ight=green

The bargain glove of the week is a 1675 J.C. Higgins Goose Goslin model. The glove looks to be made of high quality leather and is still in excellcent condition. It also features my favorite buckle design, the high v-notch found on some Ken Wel Vance models and the Rawlings Pepper Martin V400 (we haven’t seen one of those in a while). What a great buy…$77 on 11 bids.

burker72
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Glove of the Month