Glove of the Week: Dec 31 – Jan 6 (Crescent pad)

Discuss interesting gloves listed on eBay or other auction houses.

Glove of the Week: Dec 31 – Jan 6 (Crescent pad)

Postby burker72 » January 12th, 2008, 2:01 am

I have been out of town for work this past week. Part of what is nice to come home to is time to catch up on forum events, including this thread.

The new year saw many terrific gloves…

Up first is a well-maintained crescent padded glove. Unfortunately the pics of the glove are no longer available. The glove sold for $2275 on 5 bids.

It seems as if the week would not be complete without one..or two…or more Mantle model gloves…

A Rawlings MM Personal model earned a $600 best offer. This glove looks to be in great shape, with its original patch and lacing all nicely maintained.

A Rawlings MMP Heart of the Hide model earned $406 on 14 bids. This one has new piping, patch and lacing. Certainly a glove worth repairing, of course there are several schools of thought on how this affects the integrity of the glove.

Lastly is a beautiful XPG 26 model that sold for $249

Another terrific Rawlings, this one is a Harvey Haddix Personal Model HH baseball glove, once the choice of many top pros. This glove sold for $244 on 4 bids

Further proof that I know little, or nothing about modern gloves is the Rawlings HOH PRO 6X - HC Gold Glove Series model. The glove is a great looking wing tip with an H-web. A “blem” designation is marked on the thumb of the glove. This one really took off, to the surprise of some on the forum, selling for $850 on 32 bids.

I’ve never been a fan of this design, but there is no doubting that this is glove is in great condition. Furthermore, the A2080 was a high end model during its time. This one was a very popular target, earning $383 on 23 bids.

In my opinion, this Whitey Ford personal model is a work of art, just a great looking glove. Based on the seller’s descrption I don’t think the seller knew what he or she was on to…”Spalding right handed glove is in very good used condition” Lefty, correct hand model sold for $217 on 14 bids.

And lastly, a couple of gloves that I thought were real bargains…

First is a 1920's red Spalding 1" web baseball glove. A great color, full size glove sold for just $117 (best offer).

Lastly a late model George Sisler GS Model in very nice shape sold for just $108 on 17 bids.

burker72
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Glove of the Month