Glove of the Week: Dec 24 – Dec 30 (Robinson TT10)

Discuss interesting gloves listed on eBay or other auction houses.

Glove of the Week: Dec 24 – Dec 30 (Robinson TT10)

Postby burker72 » December 31st, 2007, 11:56 pm

Not surprisingly, the slim pickings continued through the holiday – and frankly none of these hold a candle to the Victor Wright & Ditson that Brett found under the tree.

Holiday or not, this Brooks Robinson HOH TT10 is a beautiful glove. So many great attributes – a terrific design, great shape, and a rare Robinson model. Great pics from the seller too, it sure looks like an incredibly well made glove. The $300 BIN seems reasonable, these gloves are so rarely seen in this condition.

I am not enamored with Mantle items, but it seems I include one weekly. This Rawlings XPG26 is in great shape though, and while it is not the same caliber glove as the XPG6 model, these are still nice gloves. Not sure we’ll see one nicer than this, selling for $249 via Buy It Now.

The last glove of the week is a Winchester split finger one inch web. No secret that Winchester gloves do incredibly well on eBay. I guess some of the pricing could be the result of crossover interest from Americana or firearms collectors. I’ve never had a Winchester glove so I cannot vouch for their quality, or the lack thereof. They do seem somewhat rare, especially in good condition. This one is in pretty good shape, but as the seller admits, does have its flaws. This one sold for $214 on 22 bids.

burker72
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby burker72 » January 1st, 2008, 9:44 am

posting to get back in chronological order
burker72
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » January 1st, 2008, 11:52 am

I nominate this glove for consideration as well. :lol:

http://www.vintagebaseballgloveforum.co ... php?t=1145
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby BretMan » January 1st, 2008, 12:36 pm

As nice as that Sonnett is, I can't help but notice that there seems to be something "fishy" going on with the finger laces.

What do you make of that, Brett? An oddball original pattern from the maker or a misguided attempt at a re-lacing job by a previous owner?
BretMan
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » January 1st, 2008, 1:07 pm

Here is the original catalog page for the glove. The laces are a little tight but I think they are right.

vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby BretMan » January 1st, 2008, 8:22 pm

I kind of figured you might have a catalog image to go by, and also figured that if the laces were wrong you would have redone them!

Sort of an odd pattern, one I can't remember seeing on any other glove from any other maker. It's even touted as "double cross-over finger lacing" on the catalog page.

I guess it's one of those variations that didn't catch on and was soon replaced by the finger lace pattern we're all familiar with. Which makes this an even cooler glove!
BretMan
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Return to Vintage Glove of the Month