Saturday Finds

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

Saturday Finds

Postby drasher81 » July 29th, 2006, 6:12 pm

Today was a good day for gloves. I stumbled onto two more unique gloves, a double fused finger Ok brand, and a Rawlings Mark Christman with the Bill Doak finger. I really like the Ok double fused finger, I have several others with either the first or the last two fingers attached, but this is the first one that I have ever seen with the 2 sets of fingers fused like this. The Christman glove is great too, high quality with nice piping no rips or tears. The best thing about these gloves was I got both for $20, you cant go wrong for that price.

[/img]
drasher81

Postby BretMan » August 1st, 2006, 2:03 pm

Wow! A couple of beauties at rock bottom prices!

I haven't been to many antique shows or flea markets this summer. It just seems that something else is always going on and I haven't found the time to make it to many shows. I spent this entire past weekend umpiring a baseball tournament in 95 degree weather.

But when I do go, I never find any deals quite like those two!

I like the "OK" brand gloves- being an Ohio boy and all! They are well-made and offer some unusual design features.

Is the one you found stamped as a "Softball" model? I always thought that it was odd that all of the early gloves with stitching in the palm to form a pocket are "Softball" models.

If this feature was supposed to help you catch a ball better, why wasn't it found on the models designed for baseball use?

And then, ironically, about 20 years AFTER the softball models with the "cupped" palm, baseball gloves began to feature the revolutionary "laced palm" which is essentially the same feature!
BretMan
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby drasher81 » August 1st, 2006, 3:20 pm

Actually no there is some very faint stamping, but softball is not anywhere on this glove which I figured it would be with the stiched pocket. It simply has a model # g25 and the ok logo along with some very very faint pat. numbers which you cant make out anymore. I think I will be heading out again this weekend to the same are it seems to always come through for me when I am looking for some new gloves.
drasher81

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures