Good Ebay find??? Crescent Pad Cathers Glove

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

Good Ebay find??? Crescent Pad Cathers Glove

Postby Bravosin99 » September 15th, 2007, 3:39 pm

Searching on ebay and happened to stumble onto this oldie....Don't really know if we made a good buy or not wanted to see what everyone else thought??

here is the link...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %26fvi%3D1
Bravosin99
Gold Glove Poster

Postby mittmutt » September 16th, 2007, 10:22 pm

Pretty cheap price for a glove that old but it seems to be missing the wrist strap. I'm sure the front will clean up nice for display but...........???
mittmutt
Veteran Glove Poster

Re mittmutt

Postby Bravosin99 » September 16th, 2007, 10:39 pm

Thanks for the comments...

I believe the back of the glove was originally a grommet tie back, but you are right some of it is missing....

I hope it does clean up ok....This will be our first display example of a crescent catchers glove.....Thanks again for your comment!!! Josh
Bravosin99
Gold Glove Poster

Good move

Postby softball66 » September 17th, 2007, 7:49 am

This was a sharp pickup in my estimation on this turn of the century catcher mitt. You're right it was a grommet fastener and you might be able to reconstruct it a bit. The front will probably look nicer once you
have some lanolin or conditioner on it but the flaking has taken the outer layer of hide off or parts of the palm side and I don't know of any way to restore that. But you really found a bargain.
:D
softball66
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures