Brimfield - Friday, September 2007

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

Brimfield - Friday, September 2007

Postby vintagebrett » September 7th, 2007, 9:27 am

Managed to run around for 30 minute this morning and pick up a couple of nice items including:
-Spalding 1 inch web with white leather
-Spalding full web with interesting lacing - almost like a King Patent but different - looks like a crescent pad without the pad - I'll get pics up later - this is white leather as well
-Rawlings Brooks Robinson XFCB17 - always find them but they are popular and this one is nice
-Early bat from Ellsworth, ME - very thick handle, super heavy - stampings are weak but I liked the look.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

great stuff

Postby Bravosin99 » September 7th, 2007, 9:56 am

Brett-
Sounds like some great stuff...Can't wait to see the pics....That Brimfield show must be amazing....You find more in one day then we find in the whole year going to the shows we attend :( lol....
Bravosin99
Gold Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » September 7th, 2007, 11:07 am

These weren't bargain finds by any means but the prices were more than fair. The one with the interesting lacing wasn't on display - the guy took it out of a drawer after he recognized me as a glove buyer so I think I got a little bit lucky on it.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby vintagebrett » September 7th, 2007, 5:00 pm

Here are pics of the two Spaldings -both need to be cleaned and the pictures aren't great but at least you get an idea. I'm wondering if the older one is a King Patent with the lacing done the wrong way. But all the pictures I remember seeing of the King Patent have had 1 inch webs. Any thoughts?

Image[/img]
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby crackofthebat » September 8th, 2007, 6:16 am

I think the lacing was done wrong.
crackofthebat
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby stockbuddy » September 8th, 2007, 10:29 am

Brett, Nice finds. I agree with Fred that the "King Patent" lace looks a little strange, but it does look like it has grommets for the lace. Cool gloves Brett.

Fred, Brett, and Josh. You guys have some great gloves on JD's website. Super leathers. :) :D

Fred, you have a Goldsmith snare glove with a lace web on JD'S website that is very cool. Is that an original web?? It looks to be. I would be interested in a glove like that for my collection if it is an original type web. Please let me know if you ever get bored with it or it you have a duplicate like it. :lol:

Great gloves guys.

Dave
stockbuddy
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » September 8th, 2007, 10:45 am

Has anyone seen a King Patent with a full web before? I agree that the lacing has been redone but there are no "grooves" on the leather binding suggesting the leather overlapped like it would on the King Patent. Strange.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby crackofthebat » September 8th, 2007, 10:51 am

Are you referring to the Goldsmith fielder's glove that is laced like a 1B mitt in the web? It was all broken when I got it, but I relaced it like it was originally. I have never seen another one like it. Maybe it was an experimental model that never caught on. I think I have other pictures of it - before and after if you want me to email them to you. Give me your email address if interested. I'm always looking to trade for nice buckle back 1B mitts if you want to trade. :D
crackofthebat
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby stockbuddy » September 8th, 2007, 12:57 pm

Hi Fred, I would like to see that glove, the before and after pics. I think it does have a look like a baseman's mitt a bit now that you say that. Please drop me a line at my cunninghamd1707@yahoo.com email address and the pics of before and after. Interesting glove.

Thanks.

Dave
stockbuddy

King Patent

Postby ebbets55 » September 8th, 2007, 4:39 pm

Hi Brett,

Great Spaldings. I have seen tons of King Patents in my day and I have never seen one with a full web. You may have a unique one. I would still put it in the same time period as the 1" webs. I would definitely say you have an early teens King Patent with the lacing jacked up a bit. Although I have seen lots of gloves laced horizontally, I haven't seen a King Patent laced that way. Great glove. I would gently relace it and try to lace it the other way with the same lace. Thanks for sharing. I think it's pretty unique being a full web. You know who to call if you get sick of it. ; )

JD
ebbets55

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures