Rawlings GJ110 Brooks Robinson

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

Rawlings GJ110 Brooks Robinson

Postby RBG36 » September 6th, 2007, 3:58 pm

Today, I found an older Rawlings GJ110 glove at a local thrift store. It is a "lefty" model for those who are wired up all wrong. Condition is not good... leather is dry and cracked on the back. The palm is in better shape. It is a store model Brooks Robinson glove. I paid $1.00 to give this glove a good home.

Thinking of using a good glove conditioner on the leather to see if it can be brought back to life in some form. The stitching and laces are in good condition. The cloth Rawlings labels/tags are in bad shape.

This could be a good project glove for me to learn on. I'd like to take the time to work it back into shape.

Any ideas?
RBG36
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby BretMan » September 6th, 2007, 9:59 pm

My wife is a "south paw" and I jokingly tell her that I am "right-handed" and she is "wrong-handed"!

Check out the "Glove Conditioning" section of the forum and you'll find lots of good tips for bringing your glove back to life. Generally, you want to first clean the leather, then apply a conditioning product.

Everybody has their favorite cleaners and conditioners and the best way to find ones you like is to experiment on some inexpensive gloves- which sounds like what you're doing!
BretMan
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures