Musial TG-12

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

Musial TG-12

Postby dwknowles » August 28th, 2007, 11:02 pm

I bought this on e-bay, and really didn't think I would win this for this price, I know it isn't perfect, but seems to be a pretty good buy to me. I was surprised, which either means I did good, or I wasn't smart enough to realize I did bad :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0149916412
dwknowles
Veteran Glove Poster

Re: Musial TG-12

Postby worldwin » August 28th, 2007, 11:17 pm

Hey dw...

Hopefully you did well, but I know from past experience buying from this seller that he over-cleans his gloves, which really dries them out.

I prefer a darker, soft glove to a lighter colored, "clean", dry one!

dwknowles wrote:I bought this on e-bay, and really didn't think I would win this for this price, I know it isn't perfect, but seems to be a pretty good buy to me. I was surprised, which either means I did good, or I wasn't smart enough to realize I did bad :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0149916412
worldwin
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby dwknowles » August 28th, 2007, 11:35 pm

Thanks for the info. His feedback was very high so I thought I would take a shot. I may have to really hit this hard with Lexol to soften it up. and if it doesn't round out, who knows maybe see about using some neets foot oil to darken it some.
dwknowles
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby worldwin » August 29th, 2007, 11:56 am

I wouldn't be surprised if the glove is darker than it appears in the photos. I don't want to accuse anyone of doctoring photos, but sometimes I think some sellers alter photos in order to brighten them up, or try to make their items look more appealing.

Hey, if nothing else, it will be a fun glove to work on and to play catch with!

dwknowles wrote:Thanks for the info. His feedback was very high so I thought I would take a shot. I may have to really hit this hard with Lexol to soften it up. and if it doesn't round out, who knows maybe see about using some neets foot oil to darken it some.
worldwin
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby dwknowles » August 29th, 2007, 12:55 pm

well the real kicker is I have been looking for a reasonably priced TG-12 for a while. As a cardinals fan and a musial glove collector I figured I needed one. I only have a few gloves I have ever spent over $100 on and saw most of the TG-12's going for well over what I paid for here, and some advertised for well over $250. I don't have the resources to splurge and by gloves in that price range. My collecting has gotten more expensive as I learn about what I really want and have started getting more quality than quantity, so I hope this turns out. There looks to be a small tear, and maybe this will be a cheap fix and give me a chance to try out Kenny Jenkins. I have spoke with him on the phone but never really had a glove worth investing the extra money in.
dwknowles
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby worldwin » August 29th, 2007, 1:10 pm

Hopefully you will have done well with this one.

The thing that you have going for you is that it is a lefty. Even though it is the proper hand, many collectors are right-handed, so that tend to buy what they could use, as opposed to what the player actually used. Lefty collectors do really well, especially on eBay since most of us just let those pass. I only have a couple of lefty's in my collection, but I have passed on tons of them.

I hear you about the quality vs. quantity thing. I used to have more in quantity, but I have sold off gloves so that I could have a nicer, more expensive gloves that I really want.

But it's a fine line that we walk...many glove collector's...myself included, can become a bit obsessed, so when we see a glove that we "must have", or a nice glove at a good price, you can't just let it go by! :D

Let us know what the glove looks like when you get it...

dwknowles wrote:well the real kicker is I have been looking for a reasonably priced TG-12 for a while. As a cardinals fan and a musial glove collector I figured I needed one. I only have a few gloves I have ever spent over $100 on and saw most of the TG-12's going for well over what I paid for here, and some advertised for well over $250. I don't have the resources to splurge and by gloves in that price range. My collecting has gotten more expensive as I learn about what I really want and have started getting more quality than quantity, so I hope this turns out. There looks to be a small tear, and maybe this will be a cheap fix and give me a chance to try out Kenny Jenkins. I have spoke with him on the phone but never really had a glove worth investing the extra money in.
worldwin
Rookie Glove Poster

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures