a gift

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

a gift

Postby dwknowles » August 28th, 2007, 11:00 pm

during a lesson on artifacts, I took the opportunity to bring in an old glove to show the kids. One kid said, "I have a couple old gloves at home", so I told him to bring them in, I would tell him what I could about them from my source books, and a approximate value just so he knew. The next day he brought in 2 gloves and said, hey, my dad said he doesn't want these, you can have them.

One is an OK Charlie Keller split finger model, and the other I haven't cleaned on to tell. The Keller models stamping are pretty dim, and I had to use some lexol on it to get them to stand out a bit to read the name and brand.

Not sure really how much the Keller glove is worth and I didn't even know what it was till I got it home.... I figure I will give the kid something just not sure what yet. I figure Brett is an OK Sonnet expert so maybe he knows something about the glove. IF I get around to it this week I will post some pics.
dwknowles
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » September 3rd, 2007, 7:02 pm

I've seen Keller endorsements on both the spit fingers and laced finger glovers made by OK and Sonnett. The ones I've seen on the OK's have all been block stamping. The one Sonnett I have has script signature stamping. I think Keller was one of those ball players who made second income lending his name to manufacturers.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby dwknowles » September 3rd, 2007, 11:12 pm

The Keller I have is a split finger, OK and an autograph model. The other glove he gave me turns out to be an Spartan sporting goods 1B mitt. Pretty sure it is an Eddie Waitkus block letter.
dwknowles
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures