Brimfield Day 2 - July 11th, 2006

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

Brimfield Day 2 - July 11th, 2006

Postby vintagebrett » July 12th, 2006, 11:21 am

Made the trip up to Brimfield again this morning for the 2 shows that open today. The first show was worthwhile, the second was a waste of time. Today we picked up:
1) Horace Partridge Co. Rabbit Marranville glove - crackofthebat is going to keep this one - very nice tag and signature on the glove.
2) Professional Model Ted Williams - this glove was obviously made by Sonnett but for some reason Sonnett couldn't put their name on Williams gloves. This one has a tag on the back that is the same as a Sonnett but reads Professional model. All of the stampings and construction are consistent with Sonnett goves. This one is a keeper for me.
3) Nokona model J123 Jim Landrum - We got this with the Marranville - huge 3 finger glove with nice leather. It 's a little dirty but will clean up really nice. Signature has some silver left in it. Apparently he is a rare glove and seeing that he played for the Brooklyn Dodgers, maybe desirable as well?
4) MacGregor model GF30 Jerry Lynch - Cool little glove in nice shape - needs to be relaced but the leather and stampings are great, tag is a little worn but not bad. Apparently this is a rare glove as well.
5) Wilson model A2003 Pro Model shooting star - For a left handed thrower, this was the top of the line in the early/mid 60's. Leather is good but there is a small tear that crackofthebat is going to sew up. This glove has a really cool web.

Overall, not too bad. I'm going to head up solo tomorrow morning to hit one last show and then it's back to IL for me.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby mjkm90 » July 13th, 2006, 7:09 pm

How were the prices Brett? Any nice bats or other items?
Mike H.
mjkm90
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » July 14th, 2006, 8:37 am

Hi Mike

The prices were all very reasonable. We didn't pay more than 40 for any of the gloves and most were in the 15 to 30 dollar range. There weren't many bats to look at this time, even over priced ones. The July show is always down in terms of dealers.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby mjkm90 » July 14th, 2006, 4:55 pm

Holy shnykies! Great prices!
Mike H.
mjkm90
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » July 15th, 2006, 2:31 pm

Yeah, the prices were pretty reasonable - there were not too many over priced gloves to even look at. If someone set up with decent gloves at decent prices, I'm sure they'd sell most of their items.

Here are pics of the TW Professional model and the MacGregor Jerry Lynch after a little cleaning. I'm definitely keeping the TW because it goes well with my Sonnett collection. I'm torn on the Lynch - it's a really neat glove - I put it up on my site for now but I might end up pulling it.

vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby vintagebrett » July 23rd, 2006, 7:19 pm

Here are some pictures of the Rabbit Marranville glove made by Horace Partridge Co.:

vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby mjkm90 » July 25th, 2006, 8:55 pm

That Marranville is one hell of a glove!!! Niiiiiice pick up
Mike H.
mjkm90
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures