Brimfield Day 1 - July 11th, 2006

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

Brimfield Day 1 - July 11th, 2006

Postby vintagebrett » July 11th, 2006, 4:05 pm

Crackofthebat and I headed up to Brimfield this morning knowing full well that the July shows aren't that great. We found a couple of things today including:
1) Ken-Wel Lee Grissom Professional Model split finger - This is a high quality glove with a beautiful patch. Leather on the glove is great!
2) Davega Lefty Grissom buckleback 1B mitt - This is weird because Grissom was a pitcher! And his gloves are listed as very rare. Kind of strange to come across two in one day. Nice tag, good leather.
3) Rawlings XFG 12 Reggie Jackson - High quality glove in very good shape. It's huge!
4) Wilson Jim Busby - Nice lefthanded glove in super shape - leather is soft and supple, all silver in stampings, great tag.

We also picked up a George Kelly 40GK LS 35" bat and nice old Spalding basketball from the 1940's - I love the old basketballs and they are very hard to find so I was happy - it needs some air but the leather is very nice.

Ran into a couple fellow glovers today including MVALZ and Liam O'Bannion. It was nice to talk to them and meet face to face.

On my way driving out here to Brimfield this past weekend I picked up some decent gloves including:
1) Davega model G82 Joe Beggs model - High quality split finger, great leather, most of the silver still in stampings.
2) Wilson A2005 USA made Jim Catfish Hunter - Nice glove, great deal for 5 bucks.
3) Spalding Monte Pearson split finger - nothing special.
4) George Reach Co. Adcock Model 1B mitt - Top of the line model but needs some conditioning.

I guess we'll head back up to Brimfield tomorrow to see if there are any more treasures to be had.

Here are some pics of a couple of the gloves (L to R top - Jackson, Beggs, Grissom - bottom - Busby, Grissom)

vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby MVALZ » July 11th, 2006, 8:05 pm

Great meeting you as well! I didn't come up with the quality you found, but enjoyed my morning at Brimfield. Found a decent MacGregor Bob Thomsen Spider Web and a cool USA Spalding Pro 42-2451 Wingtip very much like the Rawlings XPG6. Already looking forward to September 8)
MVALZ
Gold Glove Poster

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures