Finds this Weekend

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

Finds this Weekend

Postby vintagebrett » July 2nd, 2006, 8:01 pm

Found a couple of decent gloves this weekend including:
-Wilson Professional Model catcher's mitt model A2406 - This was a type of the line mitt from the late 1960's and early 1970's. Glove is in great shape - leather is smooth and supple, feels great on the hand. Huge glove!
-Wilson Professional Model catcher's mitt model 2X 537. There is a dot after the 7 - Kind of a weird model number. High quality mitt in very good shape - leather is very nice. Black/red tag is very nice - missing a small piece from the upper left. This looks like the top of the line from the early 1950's.
-Spalding Carl Yazstremski model 42-341 - Nice mid-line USA made Spalding glove. Leather is very soft, nice tag. Had a bit of black paint in spots - got rid of most of it.
-Wilson Billy Martin Pro Style model A2320 - This glove was totally beat but for 5 bucks I gave it a shot. Relaced it and use lanolin - it's coming around. Nothing great but for 5 bucks, it was worth a shot.

One bat I picked up this weekend - it is a 35 inch Williams Style model made by the J.C. Vierck company in Bruce, WI. Neat label, bat is in great shape. I'm guessing it's from the 1940's but I'm not sure. Anyone ever seen this company before???
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby glove-works » July 6th, 2006, 9:08 am

May have an interest in the 2406. LMK
glove-works
Gold Glove Poster

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures