MacGREGOR GB26?

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

MacGREGOR GB26?

Postby wareagle34 » July 19th, 2007, 12:09 pm

OK, HERE IS ANOTHER MacGREGOR MYSTERY MAYS MODEL FOR YOU GUYS. WHO OUT THERE KNOWS ABOUT THIS WILLIE MAYS THREE FINGER MODEL? I KNOW THERE IS A PICTURE OF ONE BELONGING TO RON CARLSON IN THE FIRST GLOVE COLLECTORS PRICE GUIDE, BUT IT IS A G326. ARE THERE TWO MODELS, HOW RARE ARE THEY? WHAT IS THEIR VALUE? IS THIS ONE OF THE EARLIER MAYS GLOVES?
THANKS.
wareagle34
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » July 19th, 2007, 4:27 pm

I have a GB26 three finger MacGregor with no endorsement - maybe they only made a few with Mays signature. I think this glove would date to the beginning of his career if he did endorse the GB26 three finger.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby wareagle34 » July 19th, 2007, 6:48 pm

THANKS BRETT, IS YOUR GB26 AN ADULT SIZE OR SMALLER?
OUTSTANDING JOB BY THE WAY ON THE GLOVE FORUM. I HAVE REALLY ENJOYED READING THE DIFFERENT STORIES AND COMMENTS FROM THE FORUM FAMILY OF GLOVERS. THIS IS GOING TO BE TO OUR COMPUTERS, WHAT THE GLOVE COLLECTORS NEWSLETTER IS TO OUR MAILBOXES.
EVERYONE I'M SURE APPRECIATES YOUR HARD WORK. THANKS AGAIN, AND WAR EAGLE!
Last edited by wareagle34 on January 15th, 2008, 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wareagle34
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » July 19th, 2007, 9:34 pm

Thanks for the kind words but I don't do that much at all - maintaining the site is very easy. What makes it work is all the great people who post and share information.

As for the GB26, mine is for an adult hand, is very well made and has the button on the thumb side, rather than the pinky side.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures