Just Your Average Big Pile of Gloves

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

Just Your Average Big Pile of Gloves

Postby vintagebrett » August 27th, 2017, 7:08 am

Had the opportunity recently to acquire a large group of gloves. Got them home the other day and had some good weather to sort thru them outside. Although there was nothing early or high end in the group, it was a super fun to sort thru. There were some brands and endorsements I hadn't come across before. My kids were good helpers - we sorted the huge pile into brands and then broke it down into type of glove for companies that had large pile. The gloves take up 44 plastic bins! Right now I'm in the process of organizing everything into a spreadsheet so I can have record of what was in the group. 99.9% are going to be for sale so if there is something specific you are looking for, let me know via email (playokantiques@gmail.com). The collection is very heavy on 1950's-60's gloves - there is nothing high end, early, etc. and condition is all over the place.

glovepile1.jpg

glovepile2.jpg

glovepile3.jpg

glovepile4.jpg
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Re: Just Your Average Big Pile of Gloves

Postby ebbets55 » August 27th, 2017, 11:15 am

That is the coolest thing ever! I love seeing that. Was the seller a glove collector? If not, was just wondering what kind of guy would have that many gloves. Hope you are having fun with them.

JD
ebbets55
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » August 27th, 2017, 12:38 pm

He was a cross between a collector/dealer/hoarder - he mentioned buying a few of the gloves thru the newsletter years ago. I was hoping my Vermont label glove would be in the pile but it wasn't meant to be.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby theglovester » August 27th, 2017, 4:09 pm

tell me there is a Pepper Martin PM in that pile of horse and cow hide!!! Please!!!!

I showed these pictures to my wife and I can't type what she said she would do to me if I brought this many home...And she is a Southern Baptist!!
theglovester
Gold Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » August 27th, 2017, 8:28 pm

No Pepper Martin gloves but plenty of Billy Martins
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby okdoak » August 28th, 2017, 12:54 pm

Crazy amount of gloves you've got there, Brett :shock: Hope there are some rarities or oddball endorsements in there.
okdoak
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » September 2nd, 2017, 2:10 pm

Got all the gloves into a spreadsheet. 1131 in total! If you'd like a copy of the list, shoot me an email at playokantiques@gmail.com
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures