Rawlings HOH XPG 6H Left Handed Throw

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

Rawlings HOH XPG 6H Left Handed Throw

Postby Noffin13 » May 3rd, 2017, 2:51 pm

Good afternoon-

I stumbled upon a find at the antique store yesterday and was hoping to get a bit of input. As the title reads, I found a Rawlings Heart of the Hide XPG-6H, left handed thrower. The glove is an "H" web, with three dots for the Rawlings "code." Pat No. is 2,995,757. I understand this glove is associated with Mickey Mantle's XPG model that makes the rounds on eBay, etc., but other than that, I have found little information on this glove. That being said, I was hoping to get a little feedback, or a history on this glove. Anything would help! Thanks!
Noffin13
Rookie Glove Poster

Re: Rawlings HOH XPG 6H Left Handed Throw

Postby okdoak » May 4th, 2017, 12:23 am

Is it the Mantle endorsed model or is it unendorsed? Rawlings made the Mantle XPG6 from 1962-72. I guess that ones with the H-web are pretty scarce. They made an unendorsed XPG6 in the late 70's and possibly through the 80's. No idea on the scarcity of the H-web for those. You could do a search on here for XPG6 and see if that brings up more info.
okdoak
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby Noffin13 » May 4th, 2017, 7:39 am

Thanks for the reply. It is not endorsed. In the palm there is just the HOH logo, and the XPG6H model number. The pinky reads "For the Professional Player" - there is nothing about it being a "Personal Model." I have searched both Google and this forum and haven't found too much about the 6H, or even more specifically, a left handed throw 6H. I'll try again this afternoon to attach a couple of pictures- had trouble with it yesterday. Thanks again for your help and information.
Noffin13
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby Noffin13 » May 8th, 2017, 2:25 pm

Here are a couple of pictures of the glove. Again, any feedback or information would be appreciated! Thanks!
Attachments
IMG_8972.JPG
IMG_8972.JPG (42.46 KiB) Viewed 21366 times
FullSizeRender (3).jpg
FullSizeRender (3).jpg (50.49 KiB) Viewed 21366 times
Noffin13
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby okdoak » May 9th, 2017, 1:24 am

Did you look through the Rawlings catalogs on Jim Daniel's website?

http://www.baseballglovecollector.com/
okdoak
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures