A good Friday get together

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

A good Friday get together

Postby Rickybulldog » April 23rd, 2017, 5:24 pm

One of my favorite things about the glove hobby is glove get together. Living in Southern California, I've been a little spoiled or fortunate (however you look at it) to live so close to my glove friends JD and Glovecrazy. Reflecting back on my 17 years in the hobby, it was Rob who was one of the first people who I met when I reached out through his site. In the early days, we would enjoy our visits by talking gloves and hit batting practice at a local baseball field. Later on, through Rob, I was introduced to JD and many other friends. Back in my 20s, I remember a few Ebay sellers, Paul Montesano, Robbie Leonhardi, and Ricky Tatara who helped a college kid quench his thirst of the vintage equipment. I remember rushing home after class to find a package from Ohio or Georgia and tearing it open to find a beautiful relic to slip on my hand. Those were exciting times for me and some of my fondest memories.

Paul and I had always been in contact but never met until the Chicago National when we had a brief conversation. Needless to say, I jumped at the chance of meeting him again when JD informed me he was coming out. When Rob and I arrived, we enjoyed the glove talk and the wealth of information supplied by JD. The man is a treasure trove of information. I provided a photo of the guys thumbing through glove catalogs and vintage auction catalogs. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to meet NORCAL Glover Joe Gumban. A few purchases transpired, but no trade talks as of yet......................Till next time
Attachments
new.jpg
Rickybulldog
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Re: A good Friday get together

Postby okdoak » April 23rd, 2017, 6:24 pm

Pretty cool, Ricky. :)
okdoak
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Re: A good Friday get together

Postby vintagebrett » April 24th, 2017, 12:08 pm

That's great! Always fun to get together with glove minded people. You photographed Rob perfectly - playing it coy from the sidelines, ready to pounce when necessary. 8)
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures