A beautiful day to look for gloves...

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

A beautiful day to look for gloves...

Postby vintagebrett » June 3rd, 2006, 6:12 pm

Another beautiful day here in IL - mid 70's, sunny, not too humid - the perfect day to head out to the flea market and see if I can find any gloves. Even not finding anything wouldn't ruin the day for me - lucky for me, I did find some decent gloves.

First pull today was a Rawlings G600 Martin Marion. I picked it up and it had a beautiful tag and nice stampings with a lot of silver. Leather was soft but dirty. Glad I bought it because it cleaned up great!

Second find was a Rawlings Pro-2 Heart of the Hide USA made glove. This one is strange to me because the bull stamping in the center pocket isn't stamped like it usually is - it is lightly stamped in gold and has a different design. Anyone seen one like this before? Leather is great and it is a well made glove.

Last find, in terms of gloves, was a nice OK Mfg Bobby Doerr. I had picked up one last weekend and this one is nice as well. It was dirty but cleaned up really nice.

I also picked up a Goldsmith football Durene jersey from the 1920's/30's that is really neat. I'm no expert on jerseys but I like this one.

vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby mjkm90 » June 4th, 2006, 11:33 am

Nice pickups Brett.

Mike H. :D
Mike H.
mjkm90
Veteran Glove Poster

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures