No name Rudy York

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

No name Rudy York

Postby Artemisbeard » June 22nd, 2015, 7:19 am

I found this today appropriately in Detroit. It is a Rudy York in wonderful condition. Big and unusual and no maker name. Any clue as to who made it? There is a stamping that says "mastermade" on it. http://s1232.photobucket.com/user/David ... 4.jpg.html http://s1232.photobucket.com/user/David ... 5.jpg.html
Artemisbeard
Rookie Glove Poster

Re: No name Rudy York

Postby vintagebrett » June 22nd, 2015, 8:50 am

Definitely made by OK MFG Co. / Sonnett - I have a few of these York models and there are really nice. I've seen the Mastermade stamping on them as well.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby Artemisbeard » June 22nd, 2015, 10:23 am

That was my first guess! Usually, though, they do stamp OK on them. The high quality made me think of them. Thanks, Brett. You would know!
Artemisbeard
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby mikesglove » May 18th, 2016, 12:13 pm

When I saw the original post of Artemisbeard's 1940's OK brand "Rudy York" base mitt, I thought it was pretty cool looking. The extended pocket feature is what grabbed me. I had my eye out for one ever since and recently found this near mint example. The palm is stamped "Special Palm Pocket" "Mastermade" and model UM. The "keyhole" shaped sewn leather on the face is interesting. I'm not sure of its purpose but it is distinctive.

mikesglove
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby ebbets55 » May 18th, 2016, 1:39 pm

Wow Mike. Super cool. I have never seen another with that web extension in 25 years. It sure is neat to see something new after all these years. I dig it.

JD
ebbets55
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures