Brimfield May 2015

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

Brimfield May 2015

Postby vintagebrett » May 15th, 2015, 5:26 pm

One of my favorite times of the year has come and gone - the annual Brimfield Antiques Show, May version. Although I didn't pick up any great gloves on the fields, it was a truly enjoyable week. There's nothing like hopping out of bed at 3:30 in the morning to get to the fields and see what treasures may be waiting for you. Week started off with a great annual-get-together with some fellow collectors - we had a few new/old face join us and it was a blast sharing stories about finds, etc. Tuesday was a super hot day which made it a chore to move along. There didn't seem to be anything popping up during the day that people were buzzing about. I set up to sell on Tuesday and I was very happy with the amount of items I moved - funny thing is, I had about 50 gloves and sold zero!! There aren't many/any collectors coming through the fields these days and the dealers want things cheap. Usually I get a few people that are lovestruck when they see a mitt, or some decorators that need them, but not this time around. The rest of the week I was in shopping mode and searched high and low for some nice leather. I didn't see any pre-1930's models at all during the week - not one half eaten sewn web, etc. Even the dealers that bring sports items didn't have any overpriced early gloves. By Friday I had amassed a small pile of gloves - some decent condition, well made gloves including a Rawlings HSP, Stall & Dean Champman model and Rawlings model KKX Keltner. My other items included an early 20th Century Wm. Read basketball uniform, great Spalding sweater and a few other odds and ends. Although it's not a glove, my favorite purchase of the week was an early basketball scoreboard. It's super cool as the numbers are canvas and on wheels. I had been looking for a TV table for my sports room and this is the perfect fit. It does need some restoration/repainting as the lettering is not original and I don't care for the yellow. I'll make sure to post pictures when it's completed. As always, it was a great week and it's time to start saving money for the next go around!
Attachments
IMG_3477.JPG
IMG_3475 2.JPG
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures