Antiques Roadshow gloves and mitts

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

Antiques Roadshow gloves and mitts

Postby mikesglove » November 3rd, 2014, 8:26 pm

From a recent PBS Antiques Roadshow from Tennessee. There was one really nice glove out of the four. The appraiser got it pretty close to accurate, although I think she erred in estimating a lefty version more valuable than a righty.
wa201305A09_00x.jpg
untitledz.jpg
untitledddz.jpg
mikesglove
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Re: Antiques Roadshow gloves and mitts

Postby glovejunkie » November 4th, 2014, 4:42 pm

I saw that episode a few weeks ago and almost mentioned something on here myself. Great glove, and I also questioned that lefty vs righty assessment Mike, I agree she was off on that, but thought her appraisal was about right. Very cool glove, wonder who the guy was. Thought about Don when I saw it was a TN episode, Drokester you know him?? Lol
glovejunkie
Veteran Glove Poster

Re: Antiques Roadshow gloves and mitts

Postby theglovester » November 6th, 2014, 9:01 am

Hey Eric, well the owner is my gr8 gr8 Confederate grandfathers gr8 gr8 nieces grandson by marriage and of northern lineage and they didn't want to donate to the glovester's collection..........seriously, don't know them, wish I did or found the gloves hidden in trunk somewhere. Guess they all haven't been found, what keeps us looking and hoping for a find!!

Yours in gloves, Drokester
theglovester
Gold Glove Poster

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures