Brimfield May 2014

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

Brimfield May 2014

Postby vintagebrett » May 16th, 2014, 7:51 pm

One of my favorite times of year has come and gone - the May week of the Brimfield Antiques show. The entire week had been a blur but it was lots of fun as usual, with the weather cooperating for the most part. The crowds seemed just as large as years past but I thought the number of dealers had dipped a bit this year. Throughout the week it was difficult to locate quality gloves and sports equipment. I was happy to find a few here and there including one for my collection that ill post when I have time to take proper pictures and give a better description. As with the National, one of the best part of the week is getting to see hobby friends and seeing what they've been up to. It was an honor to host a group of like minded collectors at my house for a few days and swap collecting stories. The variety of items never ceases to amaze me at Brimfield - where else could you purchase a jet engine at one booth and a baseball glove at the next. Although it's a highly competitive search for baseball items, it's fun when your hobby friends come up with something to add to their collections. From a selling perspective, I'm happy to say that gloves did move from my booth at a fairly good clip compared to years past - lots of random, impulse buys that will hopefully funnel them into this great hobby!
Attachments
image.jpg
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures