Mantle MMP HOH w/box & Joe Adcock HOH

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

Mantle MMP HOH w/box & Joe Adcock HOH

Postby Bravosin99 » July 18th, 2013, 8:35 pm

Hello everyone! Haven't posted in a really long time, mostly because we haven't been as active in the hobby. Hope everyone is doing well. We recently picked up these two gloves from a local gentleman. As many of you know, who know dad & I, we have always collected mainly 1" webs & full webs and usually shy away from the "newer" stuff. With that being said we went out of our normal realm when we purchased these two gloves. The first glove is a 1961 Rawlings Mickey Mantle MMP Heart of the Hide model with the original box. The second glove is also a Rawlings Heart of the Hide model TN10 Joe Adcock first baseman's mitt. We don't know too much about either model but from our research and a few emails to fellow collectors it seems the Mantle MMP may be a pretty rare find! If anyone is interested in either glove or can provide a little more information to us about them feel free to email us at Bravosin99@aol.com. Thanks, Josh & Tom
Bravosin99
Gold Glove Poster

Re: Mantle MMP HOH w/box & Joe Adcock HOH

Postby mikesglove » July 19th, 2013, 1:05 am

Your MMP jogged my memory. Here is a pic of mine. It's the same era/design as yours. It was the best glove I ever used for baseball. This particular design and time period of manufacture really hit the sweet spot for me. It was such a streamlined, efficient and modern glove. It just gobbled up the ball and was a joy to play with.
mmp.jpg
mikesglove
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures