Pennant 999- No pics, but a question

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

Pennant 999- No pics, but a question

Postby ScottWNJ » July 19th, 2012, 1:17 am

I came across a well used glove today and although I passed on it initially, I was thinking of going back for it tomorrow. It is a Pennant Ultrapro Model 999. It is a buckel back glove with the inverted V opening on back. Above the V is a piece of lacing which I assume is meant to tighten the fit. There was no lacing or webbing on the glove, but there were double grommets where the laces would go through on the thumb and all fingers except the pinky. Condition was pretty rough with a lot of cracked leather. Stampings were decent. I did not see any finger laced Pennants on JD's site. Is anyone familiar with this Pennant model? I could take a chance on it in hopes of restoring it, or I could save my money in case I make it to the National.

Scott
Scott W NJ
ScottWNJ
Gold Glove Poster

Re: Pennant 999- No pics, but a question

Postby mikesglove » July 19th, 2012, 12:16 pm

It sounds like an interesting glove with some cool features but condition is everything. If the price was low enough, I would buy it. If you are planning to go to the National then I would pass on the glove because there would be a better selection in Baltimore.
mikesglove
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures