Brimfield July 2012

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

Brimfield July 2012

Postby vintagebrett » July 10th, 2012, 2:14 pm

Second show of the season is here - first time in a we years with great weather. I had to leave early today due to daddy day care but found a few nice gloves among the fields. A nice Ken-wel model 550, an Ed Maynard buckle back and a early 50's model with a neat patch that reads Paul&Eaton, Waltham. We will see how the rest of the week goes.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Re: Brimfield July 2012

Postby ScottWNJ » July 10th, 2012, 10:44 pm

Damn. One of these years I am actually going to make it up to Brimfield. This year's excuse: I'm recuperating from injuries sustained in a nasty car accident on June 28. Nothing life-threatening, but lots of pain and bruises. Oh, and I don't have a car anymore. Brett, please post pics so I can live vicariously through your finds. I can't wait to get back into the hunt.

Scott
Scott W NJ
ScottWNJ
Gold Glove Poster

Postby Number9 » July 10th, 2012, 10:50 pm

Get well, Scott. First things first. You have a couple of months before the September Brimfield shows to get back into form, and a car.
Huntington Base Ball Co.
www.HuntingtonBaseBallCo.com
Number9
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » July 11th, 2012, 11:53 am

Scott, hope you get better soon - will you be well enough and have transportation to the National this year??

Day two of the show was pretty barren. Great weather though for a change. Did pick up a nice Goldsmith buckle back fielders glove - I think it's the Ford/Critz model but the stampings are too worn. Did see some nice bats someone else found so things do show up, just gotta keep looking.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Postby ScottWNJ » July 11th, 2012, 9:56 pm

Thanks guys. We are headed to Florida this Sunday and scheduled to arrive home on July 31. Now I'm thinking if we delay our departure from Florida by a day, we'll be driving through Baltimore on Aug.1. Could stop at the National, but will have to check with my wife, as she may need to be back in NJ by the 31st. Also not sure she would want to go to a Sports Convention. (Actually very sure she wouldn't :D ) If I'm up to it, I could possibly drive a rental down on Sunday. But is Sunday a good day, or is everyone clearing out by then? Right now, plans are up in the air. A lot will depend on how I'm feeling at the time.

Scott
Scott W NJ
ScottWNJ
Gold Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » July 13th, 2012, 1:10 pm

Finished off the week adding a few more gloves and a high quality Rawlings uniform from a Bristol, CT team - love the vintage Connecticut stuff. Here's a picture of my haul and a shot of the back of the neat Paul & Eaton glove.
Attachments
july2012brimfield.JPG
paulandeaton-pic2.JPG
vintagebrett
Site Admin

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures