3 Rawlings Herb Score LH G700 1958??

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

3 Rawlings Herb Score LH G700 1958??

Postby tonymont » May 24th, 2012, 8:54 am

Found these 3 left handed gloves on craigslist for $5 each. I really don't know anything about old gloves, but I've been searching for information on them for the last couple days and can't find much on the G700 (only the HSP) model. They look to be in pretty good shape, could use a little cleaning, and a couple are missing some lacing between the fingers. As a baseball fan, I just liked the way they looked and thought it would cool to have them. Does anybody have anymore information of them, are they worth anything? Here's all the info I can get off them: Herb Score Autograph G700, no picture in the palm, black and gold patch in perfect shape, lots of silver still remaining, no extra writing on two of them, and one has a very faint "$3.00" written on it.
Image Image

Thanks
tonymont
Rookie Glove Poster

Re: 3 Rawlings Herb Score LH G700 1958??

Postby mikesglove » May 24th, 2012, 1:38 pm

The glove pictured is very nice and worth a lot more than the $5.00 you paid. The cloth patch on the wrist strap was a special one Rawlings used in 1958 only. Herb Score was a lefty so the fact your glove is also lefty doesn't ding it too bad. Some collectors even want the glove to be the same hand as the endorsed player used. The glove has a couple features of the later "Heart of Hide" models so that is good. The condition of the glove is pretty strong so as is, someone may pay between $50-$75 with the special patch. There is a later Herb Score Personal Model HSP that is very popular with collectors and was expensive in its day. The G700 was a more affordable version of Rawlings top models.
mikesglove
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures