Goldsmith Pitchers Model

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

Goldsmith Pitchers Model

Postby Thxforthebp » April 24th, 2012, 9:13 am

Thought I would post this one here since there was alot of discussion at one point about the pitchers models that were being experimented with in the 1930s. This Goldsmith John Broaca was an eBay pickup and the sellers photos did this glove zero justice. It is really a great glove that was just VERY dry. After a bit of work it came back to life not to mention parts of the web were in the finger stalls (not mentioned in the auction). Lining has no rips or tears it really turned into a pretty solid glove and obviously a keeper. I am pretty sure this rounds out the Goldsmith line of pitchers models for me I cant think of any others that I dont already have. The look of these models puts them WAY up on my all time favorites not to mention they almost never show up for sale
ImageImage
Last edited by Thxforthebp on April 24th, 2012, 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thxforthebp
Rookie Glove Poster

Re: Goldsmith Pitchers Model

Postby rosajr » April 24th, 2012, 9:52 am

very nice job on the glove!

Jim
rosajr
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby okdoak » April 25th, 2012, 1:35 pm

Those Goldsmith Pitcher's Models are very cool looking gloves. Beside your Broaca, I know they made a Paul Derringer and an Elden Auker model. Are there any others?
okdoak
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby Thxforthebp » April 25th, 2012, 6:49 pm

The Johnny VanderMeer JVM personal model features this design feature as well. At this point they are the only ones that I am aware that Goldsmith produced like this. If anyone knows of others I would love to hear about them or better yet see some photos.
Thxforthebp
Rookie Glove Poster

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures