Babe Ruth glove found

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

Babe Ruth glove found

Postby brooklynblue » April 1st, 2012, 12:43 pm

Hi I went to an antique show and was going through a box of gloves I found under a table and found a Babe Ruth Canadian made reach RF2 Babe Ruth home run special. I was wondering if someone could provide me some information on this glove.
thank you
Attachments
Merrickville-Wolford-20120401-00490.jpg
Merrickville-Wolford-20120401-00489.jpg
Merrickville-Wolford-20120401-00486.jpg
brooklynblue
Rookie Glove Poster

Re: Babe Ruth glove found

Postby mikesglove » April 1st, 2012, 1:23 pm

Try http://www.baseballglovecollector.com Look through the picture gallery for other Ruth gloves and the library for equipment catalog images where there may be some info. There is another glove like yours in the "Ruth" section of the picture gallery. I think it is also Canadian. The wrist strap and V-notch opening on the back of your glove is a seldom seen variation. You found a very rare Ruth model in super condition. As far as value, if the interior of the glove is as good as the exterior, it is worth well into four figures. Good job!
mikesglove
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby brooklynblue » April 1st, 2012, 5:30 pm

Thank you very much for the information, everyone here on the forum is so valuable to the hobby and willing to help.
brooklynblue
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby ScottWNJ » April 2nd, 2012, 12:41 am

Did you get a deal? You would think the seller would have it prominently displayed if he knew what he had.

Scott
Scott W NJ
ScottWNJ
Gold Glove Poster

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures