My Small Collection

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

My Small Collection

Postby Jerry J » March 12th, 2012, 9:15 pm

Well I thought I would post some gloves I have found over the years and my collection continues to grow. Enjoy and let me know what you think of them.
Attachments
Martin Marion Rawlings G600.JPG
Martin Marion Rawlings G600
Wilson A2960 Roy McMillan.JPG
Wilson A2960 Roy McMillan
Duke Snider Dubow 368.JPG
Dubow 368 Duke Snider
Jelly Sorrelle Nokona G11.JPG
Nokona Jelly Sorrelle G11
Denkert Rip Collins.JPG
This is the one that started this hobby.
SDC11767.JPG
Fireston Olympian - Charlie Keller
SDC11767.JPG (32.49 KiB) Viewed 7003 times
Last edited by Jerry J on March 12th, 2012, 11:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jerry J
Rookie Glove Poster

Re: My Small Collection

Postby Rickybulldog » March 12th, 2012, 9:31 pm

Great start! That Keller is Killer! What's the top glove?
Rickybulldog
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby ebbets55 » March 12th, 2012, 9:36 pm

Fun stuff Jerry. Thanks for sharing. Looks like you got the bug over the years. Love the ink stampings in the Keller. Wish all stampings would remain that bold.

You have a nice variety of manufacturers and eras. What do you think you'll gravitate toward? Whatdaya like the most - colors, eras, manufacturers, gloves or mitts? Whatever you do stay focused and collect what you like or you will be doomed to become one of us. Your wife (or lady) will never forgive you.

Have fun and hope you stick around. Lotta great guys here.

JD
ebbets55
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby Jerry J » March 12th, 2012, 11:37 pm

Rick the top glove is a Rawlings G600 Martin Marion, when I found this glove it was in pretty bad shape. Since it was a signed split finger I couldn't pass it up. I have tried a few things to clean it up and used some vpj and it is a lot softer from when I first got it. Thanks for taken a look, I will be in search for more!!!!
Jerry J
Rookie Glove Poster

Postby Jerry J » March 12th, 2012, 11:50 pm

JD thanks for the comments it has been fun and every glove has a story and that is what I enjoy about this. I love the old pre war era gloves. I told my wife tonight that I want to take each era and find HOF signed gloves if I can. What I like about this is my wife likes to go to antique places so when we go we both enjoy the hunt. Two set of eyes are better than one so they say, and she has spotted some for me to look at as well. That Keller glove has got to be the best find for me far as condition and picked it up for 15.00. I love this site and enjoy sharing. I wish people wouldn't have written on the gloves but what kid didn't back in the day I know I did.
Jerry J
Rookie Glove Poster

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures