New house...Need more shelves

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

New house...Need more shelves

Postby burker72 » April 24th, 2007, 10:19 pm

My wife and two kids are solidly entrenched in the new house and I'm just getting back online and getting a chance to set up a couple of glove displays, so I thought I'd pass on some early pics...

The first pic is an extra upstairs bedroom that is not occupied, so that's where I'm starting, but I need more shelves (those boxes are filled with gloves looking for a home)

This is my favorite coffee table, then again it is filled with Ken Wel gloves.

The downstairs den with some of my favorites. Brett, you'll notice the Schulz Vance model (thanks again)

And a few pics of a Red, White and Blue Clemente GJ62 model (from a separate thread)

Thanks for looking, I'll add more as we get settled.
burker72
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby vintagebrett » April 25th, 2007, 8:46 am

Thanks for sharing the pictures!!

My wife and I are getting ready to move and I've been boxing up my collection - it's like putting your favorite toys way for awhile.
vintagebrett
Site Admin

nice displays

Postby mittmutt » April 25th, 2007, 11:35 pm

I was checking out the pictures you posted and I must say I was impressed. Not just with the gloves (though they are very nice) but also with the fact that your wife let's you display them in more than 1 room in your house. If she cleans and cooks I'll trade you my entire collection (100 plus gloves) for her.
mittmutt
Veteran Glove Poster

wooden glove stands

Postby H-webman » April 26th, 2007, 11:54 am

Would you mind posting a pic of your stands you have in the picures? I am in dire need of something to use for my gloves and I would like to copy yours if you like them. any suggestions? :idea:
H-webman
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby Number9 » April 26th, 2007, 3:23 pm

I've made similar stands. They're pretty easy.
I got the premade bases and dowels at a craft store, Michael's i think. I used 5/16" dowels. Drill em and glue em. Pretty easy. For some floppy gloves I used two posts. I've found that leaving the dowel lengths on the longer side is better, and I round off the ends so they slide in nice. If you decide to paint them, use an enamel. They take longer to dry, maybe a week to fully cure. But, the end result is a harder finish that doesn't stick to leather. Sometimes the leather, or the oils in it, will soften latex based paints and they'll stick to your gloves.
Number9
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby stockbuddy » April 26th, 2007, 5:40 pm

Hi burker,

Cool gloves. I love the old vance style gloves. It is difficult finding enough shelf space in this hobby. LOL I am in the process of making a second display for my gloves. I just keep finding more old web-styles. vbg

Thanks for sharing the pics and hope you enjoy your new home.

Dave
stockbuddy

Postby stockbuddy » April 26th, 2007, 5:46 pm

Brett,

Hope you enjoy your new home too. If you take the notion of having a moving sale on your Barney glove let me know. Thanks for the heads up on the other glove on ebay, but I got outbid by someone with the same name as was on the glove. LOL

Drop me a line should you have a bargain on that glove, maybe we can work something out.

Dave
stockbuddy

Postby stockbuddy » April 26th, 2007, 6:53 pm

Brett,

Hope you enjoy your new home too. If you take the notion of having a moving sale on your Barney glove let me know. Thanks for the heads up on the other glove on ebay, but I got outbid by someone with the same name as was on the glove. LOL

Drop me a line should you have a bargain on that glove, maybe we can work something out.

Dave
stockbuddy

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures