April 21-22 Finds

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

April 21-22 Finds

Postby vintagebrett » April 22nd, 2007, 10:11 pm

Some nice weather here and I had the itch to get out and look for some leather this weekend. Hit a couple shops yesterday and came up with one glove and the pins you see below. At the Sandwich Antiques show this morning, I purchased the Whitman, Menke glove and the old uniform.

GLOVES - On the right is a Cyclone Model Goose Goslin signature model glove - great glove with super soft leather. Middle glove is a Wilson Denis Menke personal model - very well made glove, good shape - wish the tag was a little better but for 10 bucks, I'll take it! Last glove on right is Modell's model Dick Whitman - guess this is a rare glove.

UNIFORM - Got this complete uniform this morning. Came with with jersey, pants and socks! It was made by Lowe and Campbell - pants have matching tag. Anybody have a guess to the year?? Gotta love the tailored holes in the arm pit and crotch areas. :D

PINS - The Washington Nationals pin was too cool looking to pass up. Not sure on year but it's neat. The other two are from the Sweet Caporal series of either 1909 or 1910. One on left is John Knight and the one of the right is Josh Devore.

vintagebrett
Site Admin

Uniform

Postby Rickybulldog » April 24th, 2007, 1:42 am

Hey Brett,
Really nice uni. I see that the Goslin mitt is for sale on the update. Are you selling the uniform? I have some interest in it. Let me know. Maybe we can work on a deal. Email me at Rickybulldog@aol.com

RBD
Rickybulldog
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures