Recent finds and pickups

Share your antique show, flea market, garage sale, dumpster dive finds in this section. Post pictures of your most recent additions.

Re: Recent finds and pickups

Postby okdoak » May 25th, 2017, 4:30 pm

Wow, scary and cool at the same time. :)
okdoak
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby rdb34 » May 26th, 2017, 11:35 pm

Really cool Glove Brett!

I was able to make it to one of my favorite shows last Sunday. The whole family went, left at 4am, kids fell back to sleep for the ride. Got there with enough time to change out of PJ's and a diaper change. Good start

Gates open and right off the bat I found a 30'S buckle back Catchers mitt and a racist Dubow. Next was a uniform from the teens( its listed in the buy sell trade section on Net54.)

Then I found a guy i bought gloves off before so I walked up and saw a pile in the back of his truck, looking thru I found a 20's -30's Basemitt and a D&M 1" web with a rough liner. The sewn web which was the glove I wanted more was going to wipe me out. Im less than halfway thru the market. So I politely declined and told him if I didn't find anything else I would be back. Walked the rest of the show with my 5 year old son and really didn't see anything better. So i went back and luckily the glove and mitt were still there. Both had issues but complete enough.

So the D&M was pretty rough (see pics) and i knew the glove was some sort of buckskin. The leather was extremely dry and crusty so I went with JD"S trick of cleaning with a bowl of water. I really had nothing to lose so I cleaned the entire glove and saved the palm for last.

First stamping I saw was a G4? then I started to see a cursive B. Then I'm not joking I see the model G41 and the name Babe in cursive. You got to be freaking kidding me!! Sent a pic to a couple buddies and they were seeing what I was seeing. I still can't believe it.

Let me know what you think

Holy crap! They're still out there.

Richie
Attachments
IMG_3703.jpg
IMG_3702.JPG
IMG_3701.jpg
IMG_3574.jpg
IMG_3575.jpg
rdb34
Veteran Glove Poster

Postby okdoak » May 27th, 2017, 5:06 pm

Nice find Richie! Beautiful job cleaning it up.
okdoak
Hall of Famer Glove Poster

Postby rdb34 » May 28th, 2017, 7:33 pm

Thanks for the compliments Greg. By far the coolest glove I've ever found.

I think I'm a lot more excited then everyone else!
rdb34
Veteran Glove Poster

Previous

Return to Today I Found... / Vintage Glove Pictures